Join Deerfield Descendants!
Can you trace your ancestors to the Pocumtuck Valley? The families of Deerfield are at the center of the history of this special place, and as a Deerfield Descendant you can play an important role in keeping your family’s legacy alive:
- Visit the museum houses where the daily lives of your ancestors are illustrated in stories, furnishings, and architecture
- Walk the mile-long Street and experience the ambiance of a prosperous New England village in the 18th and early 19th century
- Find the names of your relatives on headstones in the Old Burying Ground on Albany Road
- Discover artifacts from local families in the Museum’s Attic at the Flynt Center of Early New England Life
- Stroll through the fields that were once cultivated by your ancestors
- Examine original documents and read first-hand accounts of local residents – perhaps members of your family – in the Memorial Libraries
- Share your Deerfield heritage with your children and grandchildren
Consider becoming a Deerfield Descendant Affiliate Member of the Friends of Historic Deerfield. Click here to learn more.
To view a slide show of the 2010 Deerfield Descendants Reunion, click here.
Please contact us at descendants [at] historic-deerfield [dot] org or 413-775-7176 for more information about Deerfield Descendants.