Apply for the Summer Fellowship Program
Please complete the application form below. All application materials must be received or postmarked by Friday, February 9, 2018. Applicants will be notified in March.
This form must be supported by:
- An official transcript from all colleges that you have attended, mailed directly to the contract address listed at the end of this form.
- A brief essay (2-3 pages - 700-1000 words) discussing why you want to participate in the program and how your academic experiences (particularly any relevant research projects), and employment (including internships, volunteer and/or paid work) have prepared you for this program. Please make sure you put a hard return space in-between paragraphs when pasting your essay into the form field in the application.
- A non-refundable application fee of $15.00, payable online. If you wish to pay by check, payment should be mailed to the contact address listed at the end of this form. Please make check payable to: Historic Deerfield, Inc.
- At least two letters of recommendation from college faculty members who are familiar with your academic qualifications, classroom performance, and career interests. References should e-mail/mail letters to the contact address listed at the end of this form.
Information Regarding Applying for Financial Aid
You are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Applying for financial assistance in no way affects the status of your application to the program. Awards are limited and are reserved for students with demonstrated financial need. If you are applying for an award, please submit a statement explaining why you need assistance to attend the program. This statement should:
- Itemize your expenses, including tuition, books, room and board
- Itemize your sources of income, including your contribution, your family's contribution, and other sources of financial aid
- In addition, if you currently receive need-based aid from your college, please ask your college financial aid office to fill out the Award Authorization form.
- Or, if you do not currently receive need-based aid from your college and still wish to apply for an award, you must submit the first two pages of your parents' federal income tax return. Such information will be kept in the strictest confidence.
Address all mailed materials to: Barbara A. Mathews, Director, Summer Fellowship Program, Historic Deerfield, Inc., PO Box 321, 84B Old Main Street, Deerfield, MA 01342. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon submitting the application form, continue below to submit your application fee of $15.00 online. If you wish to pay by check, make check payable to Historic Deerfield, Inc. and mail to Barbara A. Mathews, Director, Summer Fellowship Program, Historic Deerfield, Inc., PO Box 321, 84B Old Main Street, Deerfield, MA 01342.