Summer Fellowship Program
Historic Deerfield, Inc. invites college juniors and seniors to apply for its nine-week, fully-funded Summer Fellowship Program in History and Material Culture. Located in the scenic Connecticut River Valley of western Massachusetts, Historic Deerfield is the perfect place to explore New England and regional history, material culture and museum studies.
- Live in the historic village
- Explore history and material culture studies in hands-on classroom seminars, walking tours and room studies with Historic Deerfield staff and visiting lecturers
- Learn to guide and interpret in Historic Deerfield's furnished museum houses
- Conduct original research on New England history and material culture
- using museum and library collections
- Go on behind-the-scenes visits to historic sites in New England and take a week-long road trip to museums in the mid-Atlantic and Virginia
Watch our video above to learn more about the Summer Fellowship Program!
--John Botello '13