Tours are included with paid admission during the regular season unless specified. Self-guided tour options are available 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Guided tour times are listed below (Please arrive 5 minutes before start times).
10:30 a.m. | 50 minutes | Begins in Visitor Center
Daily walking tours begin at 10:30 a.m. in the Visitor Center. This guided tour of the village and town common sets the stage for understanding the 18th-century town of Deerfield. (Call ahead for daily schedule, weather permitting.)
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. | 30-60 minutes
Explore the village’s museum houses, beautifully restored and decorated with authentic period furnishings. Go at your own pace with self-guided tours, or take an informative tour with one of our experienced guides.
Self-Guided House Tours | 30-60 minutes
• Sheldon House • Stebbins House
Guided Tours | 35 minutes | Begin on the hour
• Wells-Thorn House • Hinsdale and Anna Williams House • Frary House • Ashley House
• The Allen House (Tours of this house must be arranged when you purchase your tickets)
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. | 2 hours
See highlights of our 17th-century village with a selection of guided and self-guided tours of two museum houses and our collections of early American crafts at The Flynt Center. Printed maps for self-guided walking tours can also be purchased at the Visitor Center and the Museum Gift Shop.
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. | 1-2 hours
Stroll the tree-lined streets of this 17th-century English village, the public commons and surrounding meadows, with a guided tour, self-guided tour map, or on your own.
• Self-Guided Walking Tour Maps with routes and highlights for four topics: the Old Burying Ground; Pocumtuck Native Homeland; Deerfield English Settlement; and the 1704 Deerfield Raid. Printed maps are available for $2 at the Visitor Center at Hall Tavern, The Flynt Center and the Museum Gift Shop & Bookstore.
• Everyday Life in the Past: 10:30 a.m. | 50-minutes | Begins in Visitor Center. Guided walking tour of the village and town common sets the stage for understanding the 18th-century town of Deerfield. (Weather permitting. NOT offered December-March.)
• Main Street Stroll (Free): The mile-long Main Street and village commons are open to the public and available for all to enjoy (building access, maps and tours require paid admission).
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. | 1-3 Hours
Bring the whole family as you rediscover the fun and wonders of early American history.
Self-Guided Spaces (Ask for a printed family guide)
• The Flynt Center of Early New England Life
• The Sheldon House
• The Stebbins House (Ask for the “I Spy” game)
Outdoor Experiences | 30-60 minutes
• The Cooks’ Garden
• The Channing Blake Footpath (Ask to borrow a “Nature Pack” at the Visitor Center)
Guided House Tours | 35 minutes
We recommend the Wells-Thorn House and Williams House for families with children.
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. | 3-6 Hours | $
The VIP tour offers visitors the chance to tour Historic Deerfield buildings and collections with a personal Museum Guide. Sample a range of options, or explore a particular focus such as Deerfield history, architecture, textiles, furniture or ceramics. Call us to help you shape your experience. Schedule VIP tours in advance by calling (413) 775-7132 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Full-day VIP Tour costs $125, and includes admission for up to two people. Additional visitors can be added for $50 each, up to six people total.
• Half-day VIP Tour costs $75, and includes admission for up to two people for a maximum of three hours. Additional visitors can be added for $25 each, up to six people total.
(Friends of Historic Deerfield members receive a 10% discount)
Historic Deerfield is an ideal destination for tour groups of all sizes, with discounted admission for 20 or more. Visits can last from two hours to several days, and all itineraries are individually designed by our Tour Coordinator. Dining is available at the Deerfield Lunch Box and 1884 Deerfield Inn, and shopping at the Museum Gift Shop & Bookstore.
Here are some of the tours your group can choose:
• The Cooks’ Garden is in Bloom Tour (Spring/Summer)
• The Best of Deerfield (Fall)
• Holiday Tour (December)
• Foodways Tour Package (Open Hearth Cooking)
• Step-on Guides (An introduction to Historic Deerfield without leaving the bus)
• School Groups and Educational programs